Thursday, August 13, 2009

IT'S IN THE BLOOD...

Hi all,
Tonight I am thinking about gambling blood. I truley believe I got the gambling blood that runs in my father. It ran right into my viens. He loved to play poker as do I. Unfortunately, my kids have that same blood in their viens. I wonder if they did a study *how much would it cost* what would it turn up. How many poker players learned from their family. Genetic or Learned behavior? I hope I learned a little more then the genetic factor from my father. He wasn't the worst player on the planet, but he loved to gamble. He walked away with chips--only if the game broke up around him. He could sit at a table longer then anybody I know.

Once I actually saw a man named Tex pee on the floor under the table. He was an old Montana rancher--stuck a few thousand in a low ball game. He wouldn't get up for anything. He was sure that wheel was coming. Can you just imagine the horror and yelling and swearing at that table when he just pulled it out and whizzed on the floor right there???? True story.

Kinda off track here. Just thought of that incident and wanted to share it with ya all. I don't like to stay at the table too long. If I am winning--all night is okay. If I am losing, I usually give it up and wait for a new day. I am not one of the players that sends good money after bad. If the cards aren't coming--give it up. Tomorrow is a new day. You usually start playing bad when you are losing--i.e. full tilt.

Will talk about tournament play later this week. Hold em high, Hold em close & Rake in the chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment